We were founded in 1948 by Joe Harkins and Teddy Coyle
- 1st training facility:- Skating Hall (attached to Athletic Grounds)
- Early 1950’s moved to larger premises at Griffith Place
- 1954 - competed in and won prestigious Cardinal Dalton Shield in Armagh city
- 1956 - repeated success of 1954
- Mid 1950’s - acquired use of training field on land known as Cox’s field on Carrick Road, now known as Ard Easmuinn
- 1958 - purchased present premises in Seatown
- 1960's - dramatic increase in membership through introduction of weight training, Judo, Gymnastics, Basketball.
- 1969/70 - Girls were allowed become club members
- 1970 - Globe Trophy winner for best all round juvenile club in county
- 1977 - Globe Trophy winner again
- 1978 - Retained Globe Trophy
- 1987 - Tom Mc Donough road race hosted by club for 1st time
- 1998 - Club rooms extended
- 2010 – Major reburbishment of club rooms
- 2011 – Re-fromation of the juvenile section of the club
- 2012 – Return to juvenile competition participation in County Track & Field Championships after absence of many years winning 6 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals.
Currently we have juveniles, seniors and masters members all availing of club facilities and enjoying success at county, provincial and national championships.